Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Exercise-ist

Day one of 'the exercise plan'... so far so good haha! 

I'm a realist, I know it's going to hurt.  A lot. But the actual exercising part (I mean of course, the actual getting started and DOING part) was great and it was good to be reminded how much I enjoy and have been missing regular training sessions.

So MONDAY of my plan looks like this;
- Come home from work.

- Before getting too comfy... 
Leave the house again.  
With dog. And TM. Walkies!

- Home again (about 2-3kms later).

- Get cracking on the resistance workout over here ------>

- Feel awesome!

Didn't take any notice of how long I took to work through it, so no idea how long today's training session took in total!

I anticipate about an hour a day to complete the walk/run and the resistance plan.


In my personal experience, one of the best things you can do for yourself when you start an exercise or training programme (especially if it's in the interest of weight loss) is to just bite the bullet and take your measurements, record your starting weight and take the dreaded before photos.

YES, it's a scary and intimidating thought.  

YES, those pics are probably going to feel quite confronting.

BUT take a deep breath and trust me on this one - just do it! 
This is your STARTING POINT... once you have those pics you are not going back.  And deeeeen... after you have worked your arse off you will have solid and undeniable evidence right in front of you.

BAM!!! YES - YOU WILL FEEL FABULOUS!! 
 


Often our perspective of ourselves can be a bit warped and quite often the image we see in the mirror can be inaccurate or we  easily become fixated on the "bad bits"... when really we aren't considering or seeing our TRUE SELF. 

How many times have you looked in the mirror and thought "oh I can't possibly wear this my elbows looks horrible" when in actual fact YOU are the only one who has even given your elbows a second glance?!  
Seems a bit silly when I use the word 'elbow' and put it like that doesn't it? Substitute 'elbow' for 'belly' and think about how many times you have done exactly what I described.


This is where the before and after pics are a brilliant tool not only serving as a great reminder of how far you have come but they will also help to put your perception of your body image positively back on track.

YES, I took my BEFORE photo's today.... 
YES, I think they are scary and horrible!!
YES, you will get to see them.

BUT only after I have awesome AFTER photo's to go with them ;)
I'm not that brave yet! 

Happy working towards your goals beautiful people!

Namaste
~PS~

No comments:

Post a Comment