Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Drastic measures...

Haha exactly 10 days!! 
Never mind.  I started a facebook page to make up for it; Positively Soulfish  
Please feel free to 'like' it and then you can be kept up to date with when the blog installments are installed and also receive positive picture posts coming up in your daily news feed!
Once I'm teaching and counselling, information about my classes and sessions will also be posted through the Facebook page.

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me at work with a lot of changes going on that have generated a bit of pressure.  It's been a bit stressful and I've been quite neglectful of myself.  Realising my self neglect was part of the reason for last weeks"lightbulb moment" and giving myself a kick in the bum.  

I have also been making a conscious effort to get the ticks on my wall chart... not suprisingly actually doing those things for myself has left me feeling pretty awesome and helped me get through that trying time!  
I am really reaping the rewards as the meditation, stretching and walking are all helping me to combat the stress and tension and I'm feeling really on top of things - GO ME!

Back at the Estate... we have been using an evening menu plan... but haven't been very diligent with the planning part over the past couple of weeks.  In a dash out the door on the way to the supermarket the other day I grabbed a previously printed shopping list - which means that this week's menu plan looks like this (and as I recall the food the week 8-13th September was exceptional);


I wanted to have a weekly menu plan in place to help get a bit more organised - but didn't want one that was too intimidating otherwise I would be less likely to stick to it.  
TM (The Mister) and I have been sticking with this simple evening meal plan format --->
and we sit down together and decide what the culinary week ahead holds for the Estate.

It seems so simple and perhaps unnecessary to some people but having the menu plan really helps by removing one more worry from our busy brains. 

Over the past few weeks I have compiled a standard list that is now a tear off section down the bottom left of the page - this make it easy to cross off the things we already have and adjust as required according to the weeks plan.  

There is a reasonably standard core list of ingredients so it just keeps things simple but also helps with keeping the budget under control.


Also now that things have settled down a bit at work, this week sees me taking DRASTIC MEASURES - HERE COMES THE EXERCISE PLAN!!

It is now time to shake things up on the exercise front.  The daily walking and getting into the routine of exercise has been good but it's time to step it up a notch. 
It appears that I'm slowly creeping towards a slightly rounder version of myself - I can tell because my pants are getting tighter and I don't quite fit my favourite frock the way I used to... so I'd like to just get fit and healthy again, back to how I felt and looked at the start of the year.


This is a biggie for me to put up on the blog because it's a pretty ambitious plan that I'm going with and by posting about it here I feel a pretty large sense of accountability coming on haha... but I know from past programs or challenges that I have participated in and when I put my mind to something and commit, I really commit!! 

I was going to put together something similar to the "Tuff Club" circuit that a few of us used to attack in the back yard at the Estate (normally backed by some quite excellent 80's music I might add), but then I found a few magazine workouts and bits and pieces and oh boy - it's GO TIME!!

MON:
Walk
Total Body Strength Training (Focus Abs)

TUES:
Walk / Cardio - min 30 mins

WED:
Walk
Total Body Strength Training (Focus Abs)

THURS:
Walk / Cardio - min 30 mins

FRI:
Walk
Total Body Strength Training (Focus Legs)

SAT:
Walk / Cardio - min 30 mins

SUN: 
REST - Walk the dog

And If you believe what the introduction on this booklet said then I am about to flatten my belly and have a fine behind just in time for summer.
I was just looking for a challenging workout haha  Those will be nice bonuses!

So the food is organised, the workout space is set up to kick off the programme tomorrow and I forsee another week of personal growth and pushing boundaries!

What are you doing this week to challenge yourself?  Been thinking about starting a project or beginning a thing... what's holding you back...? :)

Have a wonderful week,
Namaste
~PS~

No comments:

Post a Comment